Thursday, August 11, 2011

Two weeks and counting...and I am freaking out

So, we are now down to the wire. London is one week, six days away. How do I feel at this point? Well I'm not as worried about health related things like I was six weeks ago. Right now, I am a mixed bag of emotions which is to be expected. I don't think that anyone who has ever leaped out of their comfort zone before has been entirely okay with it. It's kind of like the first time you drive on your own after getting your license. You know that you know what you are doing, but when you look at the passenger's seat you realize that you're really on your own. Your first thought is "This is AWESOME!" and your second is "(Insert choice expletive here), I better not screw this up."

I wonder if I will be homesick (based off my current feelings). I know I am going to miss so many different people, and it's a guarantee I am going to miss my dogs. I just wonder if I will be so out of my comfort zone that I will let my feelings rule my trip, instead of the other way around. I hope not. Has anyone been in this position before? Would anyone like to share advice?

In short, there's two weeks left, I am a mixed bag of worry and excitement. But contrary to what this post might suggest, right now it is mostly excitement.

Cheers,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment